Parish Plan Committee
Chair – George Irving
Vice Chair – Paula Blackmore
Treasurer – Gavin Philp
Secretary – Emma Brennan
Media Officer – Andrew Burt – Click on the link to send an email to the committee.
What is a Parish Plan?
A Parish Plan is a unique document that sets out how we the residents of Norton see our local area developing over the next few years. It is only relevant if every section of the community is represented when it is compiled.
Why Make a Parish Plan?
- Fosters community spirit as it includes the whole community, allowing everyone to have their say
- It gives a platform for individuals to present their ideas
- Provides the basis for informed Parish Council decisions
- Encourages community participation in local democracy
- Demonstrates the communities need for more facilities and better access to services
- It is an opportunity for new community initiatives
- Helps shape the future development of your village
- Supports the needs of local economy
- It can be used as leverage to improve services and facilities
- Mechanisim for unlocking funding – i.e. Village Hall Refurbishment
- Identifies local distinctiveness and character that needs to be preserved
- It influences the Local Authority and other service providers
Possible Norton Benefits
Low cost housing for local people
Good Neighbour Scheme
Demand responsive community transport
More recycling facilities
Traffic calming measures
Refurbish the Village Hall
Public internet point and training
Improved play facilities
Community shop/post office